This is us
Our mission is to help reforest the world’s 2 billion hectares of degraded land with sustainable approaches and disruptive technologies. We plant trees at scale across the globe to kickstart ecosystems and supporting the communities that depend on them. We are based in the Netherlands with offices in Spain and the US. We work with corporations to compensate for their CO2 emissions by investing in reforestation, governments, and large-scale NGOs to rebuild nature, create carbon sinks and reconnect people and planet. We are a fast-growing company and are constantly bringing new business models and climate solutions to our customers and partners. In 2013, the company was founded by Jurriaan Ruys (former McKinsey partner) and Eduard Zanen (founder of Bugaboo). With an estimated 3 million trees to be planted worldwide in 2020, Land Life Company is becoming a global leader in ecosystem restoration.
This is the role
We are looking for an experienced, proactive, and commercially minded Sales Delivery Manager to support client sales and delivery. The Service Delivery Manager plays a critical role by taking end-to-end responsibility for the delivery of Land Life’s products and services to its customers. They strive to develop a deep understanding of Land Life’s customers’ needs and partner with cross-functional teams to drive customer success.
This role is based in Amsterdam and reports into the Head of Business Development.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Customer Acquisition Support: support sales efforts to prospective, large corporate clients, including:
- Following up with leads and developing proposals
- Supporting contracting and ensuring proper invoicing
- Development and upkeep of sales collateral and tools
- Supporting the commercial team’s pipeline (e.g. pipeline reporting, forecasting)
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams (e.g. operations) to ensure Land Life’s ability to meet customer requirements for new sales
Account Management & Planning: support Land Life’s customers as their primary day-to-day point of contact, including:
- Developing and maintaining key account plans for Land Life’s top customers (e.g. customer requirements, key decision-makers, opportunities, targets, action plans)
- Continuously assessing customer requirements and identifying and driving new sales and cross-sell opportunities
- Ensuring customers get the most out of Land Life’s products and services through regular follow-ups, customer training,
- Responding to customer data and reporting requirements including the development of custom reports
- Acting as the single-point-of-contact for all other customer queries, working across functions (e.g. operations, finance, technology) to address customer needs
Sales Delivery Processes: Implement a sales delivery system that ensures timely and accurate delivery of:
- Client deliverables (e.g. customer dashboard, reporting) and other contractual obligations set out in customer agreements
- Contract renewals / extensions
- Design and/or implement as needed additional sales processes and systems to ensure effective sales delivery, including coordination with the Operations, Technology, and Finance teams as required
This is you
The following outlines our target profile; however, we are interested in candidates from a variety of backgrounds who are excited about what we do:
- 3-6 years of work experience with demonstrated organizational- and people skills
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and experience in customer-centric roles, e.g. sales & business development, account management, service delivery, etc.
- Analytic and strategic mind in combination with a pragmatic, hands-on approach
- Self-motivate and maintain a positive attitude, with the desire to be an integral contributor to the completion of organizational projects and goals
- View and consider issues from the point of view of all impacted stakeholders
- Listen and understand the requirements of the business, the ability to communicate and to sell
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Requirement: You are fluent in English and Dutch
- Requirement: You must be authorized to work in the Netherlands
How to apply
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so interviews will start on a rolling basis.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
References may be part of the recruitment process.